Wholesale Banking at Nomura encompasses all major asset classes, including Equities, Credit, Rates, Foreign Exchange, M&A, ECM and DCM. The division operates across all four regions - Japan, Asia, EMEA and Americas - and is a globally integrated franchise. In Asia, Wholesale Banking Division also includes Wealth Management.
The Global Wholesale Strategy team occupies a pivotal position in the business, working with top management to develop the longer term strategy of the business. In Asia ex-Japan, the Wholesale Strategy team concentrates on market entry strategy, product level strategy, acquisition screening and market and competitor analysis across the region. The team report to the CEO of the region and partners with regional and global senior management to determine the right strategy for the business in this rapidly changing market environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work on major strategy assignments for Asia ex-Japan, developing analysis and proposals in support of the longer term development of the business
- Partner with the global team to develop a coordinated global strategy across each of the regions and global businesses
- Perform market and competitor analysis
- Work with trading, sales, research and banking heads to advance the longer term strategy of the business
- Support senior management in board level presentations and offsites
- Work closely with rest of Global Wholesale Strategy team on broader firm-wide initiatives
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a strategy role, either in a Tier 1 consulting firm or a strategy role in a financial institution
- Financial Services project experience preferred, working understanding of Capital Markets advantageous
- Analytical skills, including ability to develop financial models and perform data analysis
- Strong communications skills - ability to interact confidently with trading, sales and research professionals in a trading floor environment
- Knowledge of local Asian markets useful
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Jansen Ng at JNg@argyllscott.com.hk or call directly on +852 3695 5191 for a confidential discussion