This is a newly created finance position in our client's investment office. This office has a global presence with strong expertise managing a broad range of investments including public and private bonds, public and private equities, commercial mortgages, real estate, power, infrastructure, timberland, farmland, and oil & gas. It is a dynamic and continuously growing business and will continue to expand. As a result of the expansion, a new Hong Kong SFC licensed entity is being created for this growing asset management business which will be largely focused on private and alternative with some public asset management.
This role is responsible for overseeing the controllership and management reporting components for the new legal entity. This position will assist the Director and the Head of Investment for Asia on special projects including opportunity to develop the private asset platform in Asia. There is additional opportunity to work closely with the Global Investment Accounting & Capital Advisory team on accounting and capital analysis for investments transactions considered by the Investment team. This opportunity provides exposure to a specialized field as well as ability to lead and interact with many key functions within this global organization.
- Prepare statutory / local GAAP/ SFC FFR reports for month end and year end closing for the Hong Kong legal entity.
- Deliver accurate and meaningful financial information for management reporting at local and consider implications at group level.
- Oversee annual management planning and budgeting process for the Investments in Asia.
- Ensure fee revenues/ expenses are charged in a timely manner according to legal arrangements.
- Work on special projects as directed by the Director to support business opportunities in Asia. This includes supporting the Asia Private Asset Initiative.
- Understand growing Investment business and enhance the finance function accordingly.
- Assist legal/ compliance/ investment teams with improving as well as documenting procedures and controls.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors.
- Follow developments in IFRS, any local Asia GAAP / Statutory accounting, and regulatory capital relevant to investments. Provide financial analysis, guidance with regard to interpreting accounting/regulatory capital policy.
- Assist in providing guidance to the various Investment business units on the implementation of new accounting guidelines and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree and CA/CPA Designation in Accounting required
- Knowledge of IFRS, local Asia GAAPs, US GAAP and capital regimes is an asset.
- 6+ years accounting/financial services experience
- Public accounting firm and in house finance at a financial institution background is preferable.
- Excellent PC skills; especially with Microsoft Excel (knowledge of advanced formulas, pivots, macro/ VBA knowledge is a plus), Power Point and Word.
- Experience with databases and accounting ledger systems such as Hyperion Essbase is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work productively with multiple parties at all different levels including accounting/capital advisory team, controllers, general account investment team and business unit partners in the global organization.
- Strong analytical, organizational, multitasking skills are highly beneficial.
- Ability to work adaptably and independently within the growing business.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion