Our client is a growing international life insurance company in Hong Kong. They are currently looking for a strong candidate to join them as a Senior Finance Manager, which is almost like a deputy head role in the company. The role reports to the CFO directly, who is someone very experienced in the life insurance sector and a very good people manager. They have a relatively small operations in Hong Kong and therefore it would be an all-rounded role leading a small team of 2-3 covering Regulatory Reporting, Financial Reporting, Management Reporting and Investment Accounting. The company and the team both have very good work culture and encourages good work-life balance.
- Financial reporting and analysis:
- Responsible for the issuance of regulatory and IFRS financial reports and manage monthly and annual account closing.
- Deliver half yearly and annual management report to support external disclosures
- Prepare or review account reconciliation eg bank reconciliations
- Analyze the financial statements and understand the drivers of business performances.
- Review and produce regulatory reports e.g. IA quarterly long term business returns to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- manage the delivery of annual statutory account audit and work closing with the external auditor
- handle Group internal audit, review and ensure appropriate internal controls are in place to ensure that our risks are appropriately managed.
- Tax: manage the annual tax filing and handle inquiries from with the Inland Revenue Department
- Review cash flow projection e.g. daily cash ins and outs to ensure daily monitoring cash position.
- Identify and drive through changes in finance processes to improve controls and efficiency.
- Manage a team of reporting staffs
- Manage the relationship with key stakeholders both internally such as auditor and externally such as regulator.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and handle inquiries
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements:
- Qualified accountant
- Solid 8-10 or above years of experience in financial reporting and commentary analysis with managerial working experience in the life insurance industry would be MUST.
- Insurance accounting knowledge is a must, preferably with fund accounting experience.
- Working experience of SUN account is preferred.
- High level of analytical skills and financially astute with proven ability to identify and deliver opportunities for cost improvements
- Strong leadership capability
- Track record of driving key decisions through to successful conclusions
- Track record of creating and maintaining a robust control environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages
- Proven ability to influence decision making across the business to ensure financial consequences are taken into account
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently, under pressures and demanding deadlines.
- For candidates currently at Manager level, with the right amount and right areas of experiences, they could potentially be considered for the role as well
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion