Senior Actuarial Project Manager - Life Insurance
Our client is a global insurance company that provides a comprehensive range of life products for individual and corporate customers. As one of the leaders in the Hong Kong market, the business serves a diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network throughout the Asia-Pacific region. They are currently expanding the business and are therefore seeking for high calibre professionals to join as Senior Actuarial Project Managers, which are new headcounts in the team. Reporting to the Head of Actuarial Projects, you will lead a few analysts/senior analysts in managing particular projects. You will have plenty of opportunity to work with senior management / business heads. There is also excellent long term career prospect for outstanding performers to potentially join core teams in Chief Actuary Office or Chief Risk Office in the future. Last but not least, our client provides top-of-the-pile employee benefits on top of excellent remuneration packages to the right candidates.
- Review, consolidate and optimise the processes operating within the Actuarial Risk Analytics to support the development of a Target Operating Model to allow the team to focus on actuarial tasks.
- Implement operational changes through Finance Transformation initiatives.
- Be a senior consultant to actuarial projects, for example International Financial Reporting Standards and Hong Kong Risk Based Capital, within the Actuarial Risk Analytics team.
- Review and challenge results produced by the actuarial teams.
- Provide support to other teams within Actuarial Risk Analytics, as needed.
- Implementation of key business projects.
- Increased deliverable quality.
- Achieve an operational level that meets or exceeds that which has been budgeted.
- To comply with the Model Governance Standards, insurance functional instruction manual and other functional instruction manuals where applicable.
- Degree holder in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant disciplines.
- Qualified actuaries or good progress with the actuarial exams.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience in life insurance industry.
- Previous work experience in Target Operating Model is advantageous
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, VBA and Prophet.
- Generation or stochastic modelling is advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical change agent, able to think out of the box
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion