The Market Intelligence Specialist supports the real estate team with day-to-day intelligence gathering (externally/internally), market forecasting, analysis of trends and changes in the competitive landscape using a range of research methods, both quantitative and qualitative. His/her role is also to deliver on-going market updates and tracking and to inform short and long-term strategic planning.
The individual will own the market research process and information output for the luxury retail real estate market in these regions and is a crucial team member within the Real Estate team. This role can be based in Hong Kong or Shanghai.
- Own the process for market research and dissemination of intelligence across the Real Estate team as well as Group brands
- Understand the strategic direction and tactical options for the team and infer implications for intelligence acquisition, sometimes outside 'business as usual'; support the strategic planning process by documenting demand trends; forecasts; evolution/structure of competition
- Identify areas of research and intelligence gaps on an on-going basis; structure of issues/questions to be answered; propose approaches to resolve gaps or deepen understanding
- Synthesize the research and distil to the Real Estate team through regular market updates
- Work closely with stakeholders regarding what pieces of information/research are needed and how these would feed into the analyses/questions which need to be answered
- Commission primary research studies and source secondary research reports to address specific enquiries as well as general gaps in knowledge, or to further expand market understanding
- Manage access to information subscriptions and industry market and competition databases for the luxury and real estate industries
- Develop in-house quantitative market demand forecasts, comparing with third party sources
- Develop/expand the network of informal sources: external analysts; external consultants; heads of insights/intelligence at brand and landlord level, etc.
- Participate to a range of industry conferences and issue market intel synthesis notes from such conferences
- Present boiled down versions of industry findings directly to some brands or at events
- Minimum of 6 years' professional experience working within the APAC region in a market intelligence function and competitor analysis
- Background in fashion retailer, a consulting firm or an equity research team, with an excellent understanding of the luxury and/or real estate sectors and passion for these markets
- Experience leading multiple complex research projects simultaneously and ability to multi-task
- Experience commissioning and managing research from 3rd parties
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical ability, and ability to push knowledge boundaries
- Engaging and effective presentation style,
- Business Administration university degree preferred; MBA is a plus,
- Proficient in several languages,
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and database management systems,
- Frequent domestic and international travel to required market areas.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Vinay Sajnani at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +852 3695 5187 for a confidential discussion.