You will be responsible for overseeing the controllership function for the Asia Pacific business and are accountable for accurate, timely financial reporting, controllership and risk management. Being a key member of the finance team, you will work in collaboration with the corporate finance team in Doha, partner with the Asia Pacific business leaders to manage all financial accounting, commercial treasury, tax and audit related matters, as well as deliver quality management information and reports.
- Support the business to oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Controllership / Accounting function.
- Ensure compliance with statutory authority and legislative and audit requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the accounting system to ensure that it remains effective and operational at all times.
- Responsible for financial consolidation process.
- Conduct balance sheet reconciliation for review on a monthly basis. Ensure monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers.
- Analyse business performance and results and provide feedback / advice to Asia Pacific business leaders.
- Track and monitor revenue for accuracy, verify it against sub-ledger reports on a monthly basis.
- Ensure monthly accruals are adjusted to meet demands of the business.
- Collate all relevant information to produce year-end statutory accounts for the company. Ensure that year-end statutory accounts reporting is finalized by specified date and presented to management for review. On a monthly basis, track and review expenditure against set budgets.
- Work closely with individual markets on operational issues, tax compliance and local requirements.
- Take the ownership of the reporting process to the headquarters.
- Highlight the tax issues that the company could be facing.
- Establish internal financial controls of the network and compliance with IFRS and GAAP accounting policies.
- Manage the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures and ensure their compliance with international, national standards and best practices.
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions. Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary, identify skill gaps and training requirements.
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external audit.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Qualified finance professional with at least 10 years of experience.
- Financial and business acumen with ability to translate financial results into actionable information.
- Experience in large, culturally diverse organizations is highly desirable.
- Possess strong mindset with ability to flourish in a start-up environment in Asia Pacific.
- Relevant experience in audit firms and/or media and digital companies.
- Possess good business acumen and meticulous with a flair for numbers.
- Strongly quantitative and highly analytical.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and lead a team when necessary.
- Relationship building skills across boundaries.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle/ERP system, MS Office, and international accounting standards.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Josh Lim at email@example.com or call directly on +65 3157 1673 for a confidential discussion