Our client is a global insurance company that provides a comprehensive range of life products for individual and corporate customers. As one of the leaders in the Hong Kong market, the business serves a diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network throughout the Asia-Pacific region. They are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join as a Pricing Manager / Senior Manager. Reporting to the Head of Pricing, you will lead a few analysts/senior analysts in managing particular projects or tasks in life insurance product pricing. You will have the opportunity to potentially work with senior management / business heads. There is also excellent long term career prospect for outstanding performers to potentially join core teams in Chief Actuary Office or Chief Risk Office in the future. Last but not least, our client provides top-of-the-pile employee benefits on top of excellent remuneration packages to the right candidates.
- Explain, discuss and clarify with all stakeholders independently on all aspects of product pricing, profitability and actuarial risk on individual life product development, including feasibility study on product development, modelling and assumption setting with justifications and recommendation, reinsurance negotiation, preparing and reviewing pricing documents with limitation logs and expert judgment logs and approval papers.
- Review provisions, reinsurance treaty, term sheets, marketing materials and sales illustrations with comments on appropriateness or correctness.
- Comply with pricing guideline and Group and Global frameworks and provide comments to improve and enrich the pricing guideline.
- Provide recommendations on pricing assumptions, basic and approach.
- Lead the life support team and escalate an issue and concern whenever necessary.
- Monitor new business profitability and risks as well as recommend any re pricing, enhancement, shelving to the products.
- Conduct Management Information reports and analysis with the ability to explain the results to relevant stakeholders.
- Lead junior staff to provide technical support to business on handling life support and other ad hoc requests.
- University graduate in Actuarial Studies or related disciplines, with solid 8-10 years of relevant experience at least in life insurance industry - strong understanding of the local life insurance market would be required
- A fully qualified actuary from a recognized actuarial body would be a MUST for this role.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and people skills, as well as proficient analytical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Fluent in English and Cantonese would be a MUST, Mandarin is preferable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and knowledge of Prophet is preferable.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion