Our company is a European based international insurance company with strong business focus on the Greater China region. They have a strategic plan on growing the business in these few years and it is an exciting time to join their business.
- Financial reporting and analysis e.g. month end closing, internal management accounts, Group reporting to ensure the reporting cycle in a smooth and timely manner, as well as management reporting for senior management to enable the financial performance of the business to be tracked and decisions to be made.
- Regulatory reporting e.g. OCI quarterly long term business returns, supplementary information mainly on investments to HK regulatory authority (OCI) so as to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Cash flow projection e.g. daily cash ins and outs to ensure daily monitoring cash position.
- Prepare / review bank/ fund reconciliations e.g. general ledger vs bank statement balance reconciliation, fund price reconciliation, in order to provide detailed review with control in place.
- Annual tax filing e.g. review annual profits tax computation provided by auditors and reply letter to Inland Revenue Department to meet the regulatory requirements on tax.
- Prepare monthly actual expense reporting across the company with detailed commentary so as to provide the Chief Executive and HK Leadership team with the information upon which to take decisions.
- Assist in year-end audit work e.g. audited financial statements and ensure appropriate internal controls are in place to ensure that our risks are appropriately managed.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and inquiries.
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements
- Qualified accountant
- Minimum 3 years working experiences, preferably with supervisory experience in financial reporting after being qualified
- Insurance and investment accounting knowledge is a must
- Strong regulatory reporting and IFRS understanding is highly preferred
- Knowledge on investment-linked insurance products is preferred but not a must
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Able to work independently
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SUN account and LifeAsia is an advantage
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion