Our client specializes in the High Net Worth internal expat market and puts a lot of focus on investment linked insurance products. This is an interesting role to lead a team of 2 capable investment accountants with a potential to progress into a larger/more senior role very soon. Once you get familiarized in the role and show your ability to lead the team as well as to coordinate with other stakeholders, you may start assisting on a large scale project coming up that would give you good exposure and learning opportunity. This role also reports to Head of Finance who is a well-regarded leader within the company. She is technically strong and dedicated in developing talents within the team. Definitely someone good to work with.
Context of role
- The role is responsible for maintaining accurate accounting, financial reporting and analysis for investment assets within the International life company. The production of accurate and timely information is essential in order for management to manage the business and to enable them to meet regulatory and group obligations.
- Perform monthly investment accounting reconciliations, investigation and ensure sufficient controls are in place to produce accurate investment asset information.
- Perform monthly and quarterly analytical review of the investment performance including comparisons and commentary to market movements.
- Participate in continuous improvement of the investment accounting model
- Own and maintain the relevant financial control and risk framework processes and documentation for the investment balances, ensure that all models are working correctly.
- Liaise with other finance teams to ensure issues are properly communicated
- Assist with the relevant developments of ongoing projects and existing processes.
- Group Investments & Group Finance
- International Investments Committee
Key Performance Indicators
- Service standards are consistently met and client and industry feedback is positive.
- Investment reporting is carried out in line with processes approved by the Investments committee.
- Quality management information supplied to the Investments Committee and Finance.
- Positive feedback received from internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate high degree of knowledge in respect of investment statutory and regulatory reporting
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Professional qualification such as Securities Institute or Financial Analyst or equivalent is necessary.
- Highly numerate and analytical - able to interpret and understand results
- Clear thinker - able to understand and unravel complex issues
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to balance competing priorities and to prioritize work
- Able to communicate clearly at all levels (both orally and in writing)
- Good technical skills
- Good system skills and ability to deal with large amount of data
- Able to operate in an open and honest manner
- Self-starter - willing to listen and change with a positive outlook and adhere to company values
- At least 5-7 years of experience in similar capacity
- Experience of accounting for investments, preferably within a life assurance accounting environment
- Technical knowledge of Life Assurance accounting (IFRS)
- Good practical experience of preparing financial analysis
- Experience of insurance environment, regulatory framework, solvency measures and actuarial principles and practices
- Good liaison and organization experience, both internal and external
- Good experience of monitoring and improving controls and processes
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion