Our client is a growing insurance company with keen focus in Asia market. To support the growing business, they are currently looking for an experienced Auditor to join their regional office on planning and completing audit projects, identifying any inadequate, inefficient or ineffective internal processes. In this role, the person will act as an advisory role to provide value-added audit recommendation to mitigate risk and achieve cost saving.
Critical Tasks and Expected Contributions/Results:
- Lead and participate in multi-site and large-scale audit assignments, including operational, financial, compliance and integrated audit projects.
- Perform audit planning, develop audit program, conduct audit testing, identify audit observations and make recommendation, through utilizing independent judgment and discretion.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Verbally communicate findings to senior management and prepare comprehensive audit reports for Audit Director's review.
- Ensure audit projects meet professional and Company standards in planning, execution and reporting.
- Timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan.
- Support the preparation of annual audit plan based on the audit risk assessment process.
- Participate and support ad-hoc projects such as fraud investigations.
- Act as an individual contributor in the team and partner closely with other audit peers, such as local audit teams in Asia and other corporate audit team members in US and Europe.
- Serve as a business partner or advisor by providing value-added recommendation, while maintaining objectivity and independence.
- At least 6 years work experience, with insurance internal audit or Big 4 insurance background.
- Candidates with both operational and IT audit background, familiar with Access or SQL in performing CAAT, are highly preferred; Candidates with either operational or IT audit would also be considered if they have extensive experience in the insurance industry
- In-depth understanding of accounting principles, control procedures, and audit standards, practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a matrix, international organization
Personal Competencies Required:
- Demonstrate high level of ethics and integrity.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Hands-on, ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, flexible and multi-task.
- Ability to travel between 20 - 30 % of the time.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Business leadership and judgment skills.
- Business oriented, mature and self-motivated.
- Able to work under pressure on multiple priorities.
Education and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or related field.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or MBA qualifications desirable.
- Excellent English and Mandarin. Other regional language skills, such as Korean, Bahasa and Thai are highly desirable.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion