- As Head of Investment Planning you will drive excellence in planning practices across the enterprise portfolio of projects, resulting in improved time to market and the full realization of benefits; in support of the enterprise strategy.
- Ensure that the enterprise portfolio remains aligned to strategy and drive strategic roadmap planning - working to shape a balanced, sustainable and doable portfolio.
- Maintain the integrity of the portfolio to ensure project business cases are valid and that sanctioned projects are initiated, prioritised, funded and resourced for success; providing clear advice to the Executive Committee regarding implications of specific re-prioritisations on the delivery profile and doability of the portfolio.
- In conjunction with Finance, establish and maintain an enterprise view of project spend forecasts and actuals and report on progress against budget on a monthly basis, highlighting areas for concern and proactively engaging with projects and sponsors to address.
- In conjunction with Finance, establish and maintain a benefits framework
- Build a set of standard financial assumptions that can be applied to different types of business cases
- Provide recommendation and advice to the Executive Committee and the Leadership Teams regarding impact of reprioritization on the delivery profile and doability of the portfolio.
- Support the Head of Strategic PMO in development and monitoring of Strategic PMO KPIs
- Depending on existing systems, consolidating financial information across all regions may be manual in the short term.
- Bringing together a large project community from diverse cultures and getting them focused on a shared vision
Required skills and competencies
- Relentless - in obtaining the level of quality data required for reporting and informed management decisions
- Customer focused - ensure the roadmap stays focused both on the strategy and the outcomes for customers. Thinks through the impact of industry and environmental trends on the customers Identifies where gaps in the market represent opportunities
- Influential - Encourages people to simplify unnecessary complexity. Demonstrates awareness of current market trends. Carefully plans and implements varied tactics to gain others' support and buy-in
- Financial - a deep understanding of financial fundamentals and commercial drivers behind project business cases
- Analytical - outstanding analytical skills are required to bring together large volumes of information and highlight key themes to make recommendations for a senior executive audience. Solves complex problems.
- Strategic - motivates people to deliver outstanding and sustainable results that support the strategic priorities. Anticipates roadblocks and removes them in advance Is able to change direction quickly when required. Is comfortable with ambiguity; can quickly decide the pathway forward for self and others
- Change agent - positively engages with and supports, advocates, communicates and implements change. Empowers people to continually develop their capability and confidence. Provides encouragement and support to build people's confidence and capability
- Collaborative - guide project delivery teams and sponsors to implement project/program outcomes, building an environment of confidence and trust. Role models a supportive and empathetic approach to working together. Draws on trusted relationships and networks across the business.
- Tertiary level education, ideally Commerce, Economics, Corporate Finance
- Postgraduate qualification (ie. Business Administration).
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion