Our client is an European Insurance Group with an excellent presence across multiple countries in Asia. Business is growing significantly and to support the continuous growth, they are currently looking for a seasoned actuarial professional to join their excellent team.
- This role reports to the Regional Chief Actuary and will head up a team that is responsible for co-ordinating, reviewing, collating and supporting on actuarial reporting issues across the region. Actuarial reports include reserving, Embedded Value report, new business value report, experience analysis report, financial conditional report, management report etc.
- This role, alongside the Regional Chief Actuary will build up an effective actuarial control and governance framework in the region to identify, monitor, manage and control the development of the life and health business of the region towards a profitable and sustainable development and to assist the group in meeting its technical excellence objective. The actuarial reporting team will have to support the management in collating, analysing, identifying and controlling from actuarial and technical perspective on issues arising from the business units.
- The actuarial reporting team is expected to exercise both control and support to the business unit. The team is required to monitor, analyse and control to ensure a healthy development of the technical margin for each business unit. At the same time, the team should also proactively provide support to the business units in developing guidelines, standard of practices, interpretations of group guidelines, sharing best practices and recommending corrective actions. The team will also provide technical support to the business unit and support on actuarial modelling using the prophet software. The role will also involve a significant amount of ad hoc/project based work. Through their oversight of the region, the role holder is expected to spot what is important and thus what is added to the agenda of ad hoc/project work.
- The key to success in this role is the ability to identify technical issues affecting the business and to take a proactive role in helping to correct and drive the business forward towards profitability and sustainability. To achieve this, the role holder must be able to understand the local country business environment, regulations and practices, analytic and ability to identify areas of concern, must be firm and cautious in monitoring and controlling but at the same time, resourceful and proactive in providing effective support and recommendations.
Qualification and Experience Requirement
Skills & Experience
- Over 15 years' experience working in the insurance industry with at least 10 years in product development functions.
- The majority of this exposure should be within Life and Health insurance
- Experience working in a local operation is essential with regional / head office experience desirable
- Recent experience must be at the senior manager level, ideally country level head of actuarial reporting
- High level of experience and confidence in prophet modelling, stochastic modelling experience is a plus
- Analytical, proactive and a very detailed person
- Ability to operate and lead in an evolving, often ambiguous environment
- Cultural awareness and close working with local teams across Asia and Group Head Office
- Experience managing and running teams, particularly during times of change
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex issues in a quick and simple manner, often to non-technical senior management and CEO's
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion