- The head of the IT Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for the governance of standards across all IT projects within the portfolio, providing leadership, coordination and management of the PMO processes and functions.
- This comprises of project portfolio analysis in the forms of comprehensive reports and dashboards for presentation to senior management and tracking of relevant performance metrics including project financials and capital expenditures.
- The role also serves as a conduit for communication between project managers responsible for project delivery and the senior management responsible for strategic decision-making, whereby he/she contributes to the formulation of operating plans, budgets and capital expenditure requests in line with organisation's strategic goals and objectives.
- In addition, the head of the IT PMO supervises the team that provides project management support functions and administrative support to project managers.
- Key responsibilities include: supporting project managers, facilitating approval for project management deliverables, and managing project management processes and project control specialists
- At least 5 - 8 years working experience in banking environment or consulting environment - preferably with hands-on PMO or project management certification such as PMP
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Meticulous, analytical and result oriented, with ability to work under pressure
- Well-versed with MS Power-point and MS Excel
- Familiarity with Clarity EPP or similar project portfolio management tool and business intelligence reporting tools such as QlikView will be an advantage
- Skilled at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Courageous and decisive, adaptable, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery
- Energetic, highly organized, assertive with good negotiation and problem solving skills to deal with situations of differing opinions, and to intervene and escalate when necessary
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Michelle Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +603 2174 9003 for a confidential discussion.