My client is a worldwide operating company that offers Market Expansion Services to clients looking to increase their presence here in Thailand. They currently serve over 550 multinational and local companies through their four highly specialized Business Units.
Recently they have accepted the responsibility of expanding the presence of a major global Heavy Equipment manufacturing business here in Thailand. Their new client was established in 1945 and has grown to be a significant global presence with 22 plants and over 750 dealers. As part of their growth strategy in Thailand they are looking to hire a General Manager to grow and develop the business.
- Development and execution of strategic plan to build a competitive edge in order to deliver business performance within the framework of the local business unit strategy
- Coordination (with the support of shared services) of all business activities including staffing, development and execution of marketing plan, strategic alliances, warehousing and distribution/supply chain management, product service, customer service and receivables
- Provide the focal point for key clients/suppliers and customer relationships within the country, building confidence with them. Maintain a good network of potential clients and customers
- Adhere to legal, financial, fiscal and corporate policies and instructions of the group, company and the local laws
- Implement effective and efficient business procedures and approval processes, avoiding bureaucracy
- Maintain at all times a true entrepreneurial value within the business with total commitment to build growth and value in company products, people and customers
The successful candidate will have held a senior management role within a Heavy Equipment or Construction Equipment company. You will be able to demonstrate a:
- Proven ability in growing profitable businesses by developing relevant market strategies, driving innovative approaches, brand building, channel management, key account management, distributor management and logistics (supply chain management).
- Proven ability to set and communicate sales and service objectives effectively, develop and maintain a strong, focused distribution function and establish performance metrics aligned with company priorities and goals
- Well-developed strategic, analytical and financial skills to sustain and grow a profitable business
- Able to demonstrate a strong personal presence with customers, employees, clients, competitors and naturally command respect
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Simon Aldridge at SAldridge@argyllscott.co.th or call directly on +66 02-107-2570 for a confidential discussion.