Our client is a Top-Tier Global Insurance Group and the role sits in their Regional Finance team specializing in Cost / Expense Management (FP&A). This position would be a senior role within the team assisting the functional head on IT related cost / expenses control, reporting, analysis and budgeting / planning.
- Accountable for overall expense management, reporting and analysis particularly on Information Systems (IS) functions to ensure best practices are in place across Asia, deliver insights and decision-useful information to Asia Division senior management and Corporate Finance.
- Act as a change agent in expense management team to challenge current process and seek for continuous improvement.
- The candidate is also a key subject matter expert on expense issues to business units, functions and management.
- Consolidate and review submissions from business units and functions, drill down to the underlying business drivers and provide senior management with in-depth analysis of the business performance.
- Responsible for monthly / quarterly financial analytical review for the region and report submission to Corporate requirements. In particular, produce Asia Division IS Quarterly Review deck with high quality commentary ensuring clarity and relevance.
- Work closely with Corporate Finance and business units in order to ensure mutual understanding on the reporting requirements.
- Proactively look for better ways to provide the information through improved analysis or reporting process.
- Assist in designing KPIs to measure, explain and drive business performance and to align with Corporate requirements.
- Review business units annual IS budget/forecast data and address issues, follow up with business units IS Finance and regional functions to resolve identified problems and provide opinions on the feasibility.
- Manage specific IS initiatives or projects as required on expenses.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent, with a relevant professional qualification in Accounting.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in expense management, management reporting or financial planning and analysis. Experience with the insurance sector or knowledge on IT Finance within Financial services would be a plus but not a must.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented; ability to establish appropriate checks on one's own or others' work product.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and control financial systems and processes.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong English communication (both written and verbal) and inter-personal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Hyperion-Essbase is a plus.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion