This role will have broad exposure to management and peers across the business, with much opportunity to directly contribute to the organization's priorities in line with strategic direction and changing environment. This position is primarily responsible for the finance operations function of payments and collections, including managing and developing direct reports, handling month end duties related to premiums and commissions, ensuring necessary controls are in place and implemented across finance operation procedures, supporting system changes and improvements, and develop and drive value adding strategies and initiatives.
Critical Tasks and Expected Contributions/Results:
- Manage and develop a team that handles payments and collections processing, ensuring appropriate prioritization, high quality and timely execution of tasks, identifying and addressing capacity and capability gaps.
- Perform financial operation duties on the policy administration systems, coordinate with Operations departments, and resolve ad-hoc queries.
- Ensure strong controls are in place, implemented and complied across finance operation procedures.
- Complete month end tasks related to policy administration systems, premiums and commissions, including journal workings and support, balance sheet account reconciliations and financial reporting and analysis.
- Review commission payment calculations for key brokers and TMRs.
- Support organization-wide projects, including providing SME advice and performing system UAT.
- Develop and drive system and process improvement strategies and initiatives.
- Handle external and internal audits and reviews.
Key Challenges/Anticipated Changes in Environment:
- Managing a relatively new team where the work involves various policy administration, payment, accounting and other systems, and many manual and tedious processes.
- Knowledge gaps in the role, where it requires a candidate with strong problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, inquisitive mind, perseverance and logical sense of priorities to overcome these barriers.
- Strategic direction of the team is towards simplified, improved processes that meet customers' needs, and effective allocation of work that also minimizes risk of knowledge gaps. Team structure and task allocation will be reviewed in due course. The candidate must possess the right attributes to be suitable to the impending changes.
Experience/Knowledge, Education and Other Requirements:
- A recognized accounting degree with at least 5 years post graduate experience.
- Qualified member of a professional accounting body preferred.
- Experience in insurance or financial services industry and knowledge of insurance financial statements, controls and processes are highly desirable.
- Strong team player with proficient Cantonese and English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong supervisory and coaching skills preferred.
- Effective ability to prioritize and execute in a timely manner.
- Motivated, inquisitive and proactive self-starter who takes ownership and is results driven.
- Demonstrated sound problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong controls and sense of responsibility.
- Strategically minded and able to adapt to and drive growth and change.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion