Our client is one of the most prestigious and world famous companies in the world. A extremely unique opportunity to join a global company that has been a house hold name for over 100 years.
- In charge of local accounting deliverables, in liaison with our Accounting Shared Services in Shanghai, our Controllership team in Burbank, and our regional Finance team based in Singapore.
- Act as primary contact point for external/internal auditors.
- Manage accounts payable process in liaison with ASC in Shanghai. Handle accounts receivables process and distribution of invoices to customers.
- In charge of theatrical billing process to exhibitors, ensure accuracy of invoices issued; improve process efficiency where needed, within Company and local policies and regulations.
- Validate T&E receipts and ensure compliance with T&E Company policy.
- Oversee quarter-end closing process (process accruals and adjustments, address questions and provide input/commentary).
- Perform quarterly balance-sheet review and analysis of operating expenses.
- Maintain a robust control environment in line with Sarbanes Oxley, Minimum Control Standards and Company policies; ensure compliance with accounting policies and internal control procedures.
- Participate to ad-hoc assignment and provide support to local Finance and Operations teams for all questions related to Accounting.
- Address queries from ASC and provide direction as required; manage casual buying process as required.
- Responsible for all tax compliance and reporting requirements - including timely filing of tax returns and tax payments, deferred tax calculation and technical analysis in support of audit issues for all line of business within the Company.
- Coordinate the gathering of documents and information for the preparation of income tax returns by the external tax consultants.
- Prepare the monthly VAT returns, self-assessed VAT, withholding tax returns.
- Prepare current tax provisions and deferred tax asset/liability calculations.
- Prepare/ review the tax related accounting entries and prepare monthly/quarterly tax account reconciliation for all tax returns filed against the balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure all domestic and cross border withholding tax and self-assessed VAT requirements are met on payments to resident and non-resident vendors.
- In charge of issuing VAT Tax Invoice/ Official Receipts, issuing withholding tax Certificates to vendors and collecting withholding tax certificates from customers.
- Act as local contact point during tax review and audits, in liaison with our regional tax team.
- Work closely with the regional tax team to coordinate and manage the tax compliance (e.g. tax training, tax health checks, etc.), ensure transfer pricing documentation are fulfilled under local transfer pricings laws and regulations and manage financial risks.
- Drive improvements to processes, controls and reporting to make tax compliance as automated and seamless as possible.
- Monitor and assess new tax legislation for applicability and communicate changes to the stakeholders.
- Work with corporate or regional tax team in various ad hoc tax projects.
- 8-10 years of experience in a financial accounting, tax or audit role
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS; solid knowledge of local reporting and tax requirements
- Strong working knowledge of SAP is highly desirable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Confident, self-motivated and can work independently
- Ability to examine issues from a broad perspective while considering impact beyond immediate scope
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Logical and lateral thinker
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Robert Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +66 02-107-2566 for a confidential discussion