Are you a CTA or possibly ACA qualified tax accountant? If so, this Controller role could be the ideal career move as your first role out of practice or as a step up to Controller level from within industry. Our client are a FTSE 250 listed E-commerce business that have thrived and are continuing to grow.
This position is a 'number 2' role within tax. You will be reporting to the Tax Director who works remotely and working directly with the Finance Director on a daily basis.
You will take ownership over both direct and indirect tax; the responsibilities include -
- Manage all aspects of direct and indirect tax compliance and support planning.
- When required deliver advice to various areas of the business, eg: in relation to international expansions, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and relevant tax incentives.
- Also advise on other potential tax risks, changing legislation and cross-border tax matters such as transfer pricing requirements.
- Have oversight of tax compliance in support of Finance functions, working closely with regional Finance controllers to ensure deadlines are met accurately and efficiently.
- Manage directly or through the Finance team the relationship with tax authorities and, when required, liaise with external providers.
- Support monthly Finance functions across the Business on all aspects of tax control and compliance
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as required
You will likely be CTA qualified and have trained with one of the top practices. The salary range is fairly broad as the role could work for someone who has qualified in the last few years, or a more experienced candidate.