About the Company
Leading insurance and financial services business with a global presence and leading their field in APAC
About the Role
Part of the team reporting into the General Counsel you will be responsible for providing legal support on all corporate and commercial matters across APAC.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and commercial agreements
- Solving complex legal problems calling for conceptual and innovative thinking and problem solving.
- Providing legal guidance and advice to the business on projects, strategy plans and policies to address business objectives as well as service and operational challenges.
- Communicating legal requirements effectively to Business including persuading and negotiating optimal outcomes, at senior levels.
- Advising internal clients on legal and compliance issues across - General commercial, Insurance, Competition, Corporate, Governance, Employment, Regulation and Company Policy
- involvement in M&A activities
- Providing legal guidance to Compliance, including identifying and analyzing new legislative and regulatory requirements and providing gap analyses against current practices.
- Analyzing and solving escalated issues by Business and Compliance, involving legal and regulatory issues.
- Legally qualified with 8+ years experience.
- Combination of in-house and practice experience preferred with ideally some experience in financial services / insurance
- Management experience - supervising lawyers, outside counsel and paralegal staff
- Experience managing, challenging and negotiating with senior leadership on a range of complex legal and business issues
EA Registration Number: R1871862
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105