Our Client a leading insurance company in Malaysia is looking to hire a SQL Database Administrator to join their team.
- Install, configure, migrate, upgrade and maintain multiple databases required for development, testing and production.
- Enforce database change management, security standards and best practices.
- Design and maintain backup and data archiving plan for all databases in company.
- Design and prepare for Disaster Recovery and perform test on recovery plan.
- Responsible for database design
- Support departmental operations in a high throughput production environment by proactively managing the performance, Integrity, and security of business applications databases and database servers.
- Support application development in technical troubleshooting, database tuning, refresh database environment and performance monitoring.
- Provide support to software developer in best practices for database design, programming, and tuning.
- Perform production deployment when is required.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related
- 3-5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Experience in MSSQL database administration (SQL 2012 & SQL 2016) in production environment
- Experience with SQL SSRS and build SSIS package
- Hands-on experience in capacity planning and performance tuning
- Knowledge of SQL server backup and restore strategies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process, solution oriented abilities
- Able to co-ordinate infrastructure/Network requirement with regional office
- Able to write simple window power shell script.
- Experience with T-SQL