Our client is a lifestyle fashion brand, this Senior Marketing Director Asia Pacific is responsible for leading entire brand building journey, develop solid and actionable long-term brand strategy as well as define attractive positioning combined with relevant consumer insights and market dynamics, cascade down to the marketing strategies and plans for Asia Pacific, and then translate into annual & seasonal initiatives. This role will create and deliver brand stories & excitements while maintaining brand consistency and integrity across the region.
In a regional environment, act as a steward of marketing teams to ensure the brand that supports the brand vision, brand position, brand architecture all to drive and achieve overall business goals for the brand. It also includes generating, adapting and delivering content for Asia Pacific to ensure consumer connectivity and commercial viability, as well as brand building, all to drive and achieve business revenue targets.
Ultimately the candidate should provide strategic approach to maximize brand performance, while leading, coaching and developing the brand's marketing organizations.
Reporting into Managing Director Asia Pacific and leading a team approximately 16 people covering Marketing, VM and Store Project Management in regional office.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Brand building and develop the regional marketing strategies / plans in Asia Pacific
- Lead the Go-To-Market process for Asia and championing the needs of the markets that aligned to brand goals;
- Set overall brand strategy to ensure financial targets are achieved;
- Engage, inspire and excite the organization around the brand vision, value proposition and strategies so they are clear in bringing them to life in their areas of functional expertise (Product, Marketing Communication, VM, Project, consumer insight and business related);
- Lead and develop brand strategy discussions and in setting a bulls-eye consumer target. Analyze consumer trends and information, and categories to help identify and influence product categories to enter as future sources of growth;
- Create and develop a regional guide and continually evolve marketing and sales promotional communication for the brand, ensuring local relevance whilst achieving consistent messaging and positioning; including corporate and product specific sales presentation, product literature and trend confirmations etc.;
- Foster relationships with key internal and external business partners including brand, agencies, country marketing, licensees, distributors and retails; provide direction and requirements during strategy and creative development process;
- Develop and implement the annual operating plan and consumer communication. The consumer communication plan should include but not be limited to all touch points in advertising, event, PR, POS, digital, direct marketing and detailed measurement;
- Facilitate and promote communication and corporation between retail planning and buying, retail operations, VM to ensure all align to the brand vision;
- Stay abreast of competitive analysis and frequently with store visit/market visit to maintain expert knowledge of the industry and market
- Develop marketing budgets and expense to maximize the potential for driving the best business KPIs;
- Optimize media mix to drive sound MROI;
- Build and develop the team which is full of passion & energy, creative, competent, professional and efficient;
- Recruit and develop staff to optimize brand performance and maximize talent, including ongoing performance reviews and identification of development opportunities;
- Provide leadership and coaching/mentoring to staff, setting goals and provide regular feedback and guidance to increase both individual and team productivity;
- Engage with the Marketing Communication, Digital Marketing, VM and Project leads & teams in the region to ensure integration within a matrix organization. Success in this role also requires close partnership and collaboration with country, regional and corporate & external stakeholders in the working on strategies and execution regardless of where in the location they may be.
Minimum Relevant Experience: 15 years with relevant experience in a marketing/brand leadership role in Asia Pacific. Deep experience in marketing and brand marketing working for reputable, fashion, retail or consumer-facing multinational organizations, media agency background. Minimum Supervisory Experience: 8 years with supervisory experience
- Proven success in developing brand strategies, marketing, advertising, promotional and public relations efforts as well as customer loyalty programs and other customer acquisition strategies from concept to implementation.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to analyses quantitative and qualitative data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Deep understanding of and experience with the Asian market, with global view/perspective - understand the marketplace as well as the consumer and how to successfully conduct business and build relationships.
- Evidence of strong conceptual thinking/innovation - a track record of generating new ideas/concepts that challenge traditional frontiers of thought.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work effectively with a diversity of cultures and working styles.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.