An international financial company with a regional office in Hong Kong is looking for a mid-experienced data analyst in Macroeconomic.
With offices in Europe, Asia, and the United States, their product is a single platform that combines an extensive economic and financial database for analysis and smart data visualisation.
In a large team of data analyst, purpose of the role is to provide data processing/analysis and also bringing support to different offices located globally.
You will be responsible for maintaining and expanding macroeconomic content with a focus on sourcing and gathering different sources (national, international and private). Performing database administration is another major duty.
Multi-projects, you will be responsible for training new and existing users across Asia remotely in person on the platform and business processes.
- Perform data quality analysis and source-to-target data mapping analysis
- Filter & scrub data to identify data patterns and correct data problems
- Process & implement data in the database
- Communicate with sources to ensure that data is maintained at a high standard
- Work with IT developer and project management team, develop test cases and perform user acceptance testing for software development
- Provide technical guidance to the users
Career growth: according to your wishes and your skills, you can evolve onto a role more oriented on business or as a team lead.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance or Computer Science
- Preferably 1 to 3 year's experience in banking/finance industry
- Fluent in English. Bahasa (Indonesian/Malaysian), Vietnamese, Thai and Japanese are a real advantage. Mandarin, Korean and Cantonese language skills are a plus
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience with data quality assessment, cleansing, and improvement efforts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fair command SQL/Query
- MS Excel - Good research & Web-browsing skills
- Strong data filtering and processing abilities
Interested in this description? Would you like to know more?
The next steps are to apply with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or a first call through my direct line +852 6106 7562 for a confidential discussion.