Senior Credit Controller
Would you like the chance to work as a senior credit controller for a successful London based FMCG business? If so, this opportunity could be a step in the right direction to broadening your expertise within the credit control function.
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 + bonus and benefits.
The company is looking for a permanent senior credit controller. You'll report directly into the credit control supervisor. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Largely managing a specific sales ledger initially. These responsibilities may be expanded as the role progresses.
· Responsible for managing the allocation of cash receipts for your allocated ledger.
· Consistently reaches out to their respective customers to discuss ongoing improvements in the communication required to ensure prompt payment from our major accounts.
· Reporting on a regular basis to the Credit Control Supervisor and Manager on the position of the assigned sale ledger and problem accounts and discussing the course of any action where applicable.
· Create and initiate new ideas and encouraging the generation of new ideas.
· Proactively contacting customers both by phone and email to chase any outstanding monies.
· Creating and maintaining customers' accounts and running credit checks on existing and new customers.
· Knowing and understanding the processes of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) invoicing and ensuring resolution of all errors and queries received.
· Assisting in refining the existing processes and procedures to help maximise efficiency.
· Assist with developing non-financial staff members' understanding of the process and the importance of Credit Control within the Group.
· Build and maintain strong working relationships, both internally and externally.
· Strong time management. Can work independently and make full use of the working day.
· Handle disputed accounts and negotiate with clients to bring payment in line with terms.
The company values individuals who build relationships with their colleagues, whilst putting their work first. They trust their staff to be driven, proactive and work independently.