Senior Credit Controller
£32,000 - £34,000 DOE + benefits and bonus
This Senior Credit Controller role is responsible for the day to day management of your sales ledger, allocation of cash receipts, queries handling and assisting the Credit Manager in leading and motivating the team to maximise the overall cash collection across all sales sectors. You will be working for an established FMCG business based in south east London.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that provides an environment for you to learn, grow and develop.
* Managing the sales ledger
* Look after the key accounts within your assigned sector of the business and will take full responsibility for reviewing unallocated cash for you and your direct reports.
* Running and regularly reviewing assigned credit controllers' ledgers, ensuring old debt is maintained below agreed levels, and that items under query are properly commented on and regularly followed up on. Dealing with escalated queries that arise from the reviews.
* Calculating, distributing and updating team targets on a regular basis.
* Monthly KPI reviews of the assigned reports as required with appropriate notes taken and shared with individuals.
* Ensuring that the Credit Controllers proactively contact customers by phone in the first instance and as regularly as possible or by email if phone contact not applicable.
* Create and initiate new ideas and encouraging the generation of new ideas.
* Refining of the existing processes and procedures to help improve the overall functioning of the Credit Control department.
* Build and maintain strong working relationships, both internally and externally ensuring high standards of service are always provided.
* Display strong customer service skills, always looking to build relationships with customers, to look at better ways of operating and facilitating customer specific requirements.
* The ability to communicate at all levels is essential.
* Undertake other ad hoc duties as directed by the Credit Manager and Finance Director.