Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Work together with the development team in forward planning of releases based on pre-defined windows and regular deployment cycles.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Work with developer to understand impacts of branches for code merges.
- Perform code merging, build generation, coordination of pre-production verification (with development team) and coordinate the production release.
- Prepare Release Notes indicating features of the build, risks and rollback plan for releases.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business, as required.
- Obtain production release approval with the prepared Release Notes.
- Engage infrastructure and production environment resource for releases.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification distribution lists.
- Negotiate, plan and manage ad-hoc releases.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Research new software developments, configuration management methodologies and technologies, analyzing their application and suitability for current configuration management needs.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Implementation of automated release
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience (solid understanding of project management principles preferred).
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Michelle Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.