- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- General Accountability - Oversee all financial reporting and financial analysis in Asia Pacific Region, including preparation of reports and forecasts. Supervise a team of finance professional to complete timely financial reporting and analysis and due diligence review on data provided by units. Coordinate, analyze and report financial performance to Regional Management, Country Heads and Product Line Managers. Leverage strong understanding of bank policies, product knowledge and business model to provide solid advice and recommendations to regional management and units.
- Annual Planning - In charge of annual profit planning of Asia Pacific activities (by location and by products), including corporate banking activities as well as capital markets products. Provide detailed plan analysis and creation of relevant business models and tools for monitoring ongoing business performance.
- Financial Reporting and Control - Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting by measuring and monitoring performance criteria and quarterly variance against plan and historical performance. Where warranted, provide onsite/offsite training to units.
- Performance Measurement - Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of processes to measure and analyze units' performance (both onshore and offshore P&L) in achieving regional strategic goals in relation to all finance matters. Lead the analysis team to the completion of regional monthly variance report and quarterly forecasts submitted by countries, and meeting the Bank's global reporting needs.
- Profitability Analysis & Decision Support - Review individual unit and regional reports and analyze projections of assets and income against actual figures and suggest methods of improving the reporting process. Provide timely financial analysis and support to regional management, such as product margins, product profitability and cost analysis for critical management decision.
- Accounting Policy & Procedures - Partner with EO / GBM Finance and assist to implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting.
- Accounting Control and Compliance - Ensure compliance with bank's internal policies and guidelines and regulatory requirement by maintaining an awareness of policies and statutory requirement. Provide advice and counsel to units for handling accounting issues and monitoring compliance with critical requirements.
If you are up for the challenge and believe you have the motivation and skills to excel in the role, please send in your updated resume to email@example.com
All shortlisted candidates will be notified
*For confidential discussion on active opportunities in the Market within compliance function or find out more about this role - please reach out directly to Janice at 6597 5174
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.