Argyll Scott is partnering with an expanding financial group to look for a new legal counsel to join the high calibre team. This position will provide wide exposures through involvement in IPO projects, investment advisory and strategic projects.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Advise on real estate and funds investments, pre-IPO investment, investments in equity and fixed income (public or private)
- Review terms and conditions of fund managers, brokers, custodians, securities firm and other financial intermediaries
- Assist in strategic projects, general corporate and commercial matters, including review of facility agreements, IT/software license contracts, service contracts with vendors and professional firms, NDAs etc.
- Advise on employment matters, trademark/domain name and other IP right matters, ad-hoc legal and contractual issues arising from business or operations
- Provide summary, advice and gap analysis on new laws and regulations
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, such as law firms and corporate agents, shareholders and subsidiaries on various projects
- Coordinate with external lawyers and handle KYC requests from service providers
- Qualified lawyer in HK
- 3 - 5 years above post-qualification experience, including working experience with international law firms; preferably with in-house experience and exposure to financial services industry
- Experience in capital markets (listing process and/or transactions involving listed companies), real estate transactions, and/or private equity/funds transactions
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including Mandarin)
- Independent, flexible with strong presentation skills
For further details or interest in knowing more about Audit and Corporate Governance opportunities, please reach out to Karen Yung at kyung <@> argyllscott.com.hk /+852 6517 3838 (Direct Line).