About the company
One of my client, a global media company. You will be part of the legal team and report to the Head of Legal. This is a great opportunity for a proactive candidate to take more accountability and responsibility to partner with senior stakeholders
About the role
Excellent opportunity to be part of a growing business and supporting the Asia Pacific region
- Negotiate, review and draft a huge variety of commercial documents including media rights acquisition agreements, media rights sublicense agreements for exploitation in Asia Pacific region, advertising sales, marketing, agency, sponsorship, and other commercial agreements.
- Assist with negotiation, review and drafting of distribution, marketing and/or data bundling agreements for OTT content service
- Assist and support the Legal Department to stay updated on regulatory issues in relation to distribution and exploitation of content across all media, listed events regulations, consumer law and advertising regulations throughout the Asia Pacific region.
- Assist with litigation and contentious issues such as intellectual property disputes, piracy (issuance of cease and desist letters, online piracy surveillance) in Asia Pacific.
- Work with the VP, Legal & Business Affairs to provide general legal advice on matters related to content exploitation in Asia Pacific region.
- Minimum 4-6 years' PQE with top-tier law firm and in-house legal department, preferably in media, sports and/or digital industry.
- Extensive experience with media rights agreements in particular, sports content for exploitation across all media including TV and digital media.
- Experience working in ASEAN/Asia Pacific markets
- Able to handle multiple matters autonomously in a fast paced commercial environment
- Outstanding negotiation, communication and drafting skills.
- Confident, sociable and be able to hold their own when dealing with senior management.
- Highly effective with digital office and communications tools.
- Fluent in English with proficiency in other Asian languages such Thai, Bahasa Indonesia or Mandarin as a good-to-have
EA Registration Number: R1656454
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105