One of my clients in the FMCG space is looking for a Legal & Data Privacy Counsel. This role reports into the Director - Legal in Singapore
About the role
- Responsible for data protection and compliance matters to the organisation
- Responsible for reviewing, designing, proposing and implementing and auditing data protection and privacy matters (including policies, notices, terms and conditions, etc) for the organsiation in Malaysia (MY) / Singapore (SG) market in compliance with applicable laws and organisation's policies.
- Working closely with the legal team and the business to ensure that businesses collects and processes personal data in a compliant manner in accordance with the organisation's standards policies, guidelines.
- Assists Director Legal, relevant Market Compliance and Data Protection Champion of the markets and legal team on personal data, legal and compliance matters
- Conducting training and awareness activities.
- Singapore or Malaysia qualified lawyer with at least 3 years of relevant experience in Data Privacy and compliance matters
- Good understanding of Data Privacy Laws in Singapore and Malaysia
- Legally trained candidates with relevant Data Privacy experience are welcome
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective project management, organizational, analytical, and problem resolution skills.
- Must be results oriented and able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Data Privacy certification will be a plus
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8105
EA Reg No: R1982285