Java Developer, Application Services
(12 month contract renewable)
My client is embarking to the Edtech zone and we are seeking Java Developers to be joining the application services team and provide technical delivery of solutions into education industry.
- Work closely with project team for requirement gathering, analyse customer processes and workflows.
- Translate functional requirements into application design using established design methodologies and guideline.
- Develop software modules, reports and integration to external systems which may include configuration of workflow and use of workflow and reporting tools. The development of program codes shall base on program guidelines and best practices.
- Develop unit test package, execute tests & document test results to ensure the quality of the program.
- Perform the integration testing, system testing, and support User Acceptance Test (UAT). As part of the implementation activities to fix the reported problems/bugs of the system to ensure the smooth execution.
- Provide support to the customers. Investigate all reported problems/errors & initiate amendments & testing so that the system can operate correctly & efficiently.
- Participate in critical system enhancements and alignment with latest technological demands to meet new business requirements
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date system documentation.
- Provide guidance and ensure delivery from vendor and contract resources
- At least 2-5 years of software development and implementation experience preferably in higher education related systems.
- Java skill sets with Java Scripting (Node JS), JSF, JPA, EJB, JBOSS, Spring, Struts
- Integration with heterogeneous environments like Linux, and Wintel platforms and commercial package solutions
- Database - MS SQL, Oracle
- Implementation of High Availability production environment
- Ability to manage customer and vendor and have the software development and project coordination experiences
- A creative thinker with problem solving skills, the candidate should have strong execution skills and continually drive for success.
- Forward looking with strong analytical and logical thinking
- Domain knowledge of Higher Education Industry is a plus.
Argyll Scott Interim Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8140
Tan Yi Yun
EA Reg No: R1103437