The IT PMO Analyst's main responsibility is to support the PMO Manager to ensure requisite governance, controls and resources are in place across the portfolio of projects within the IT directorate. The portfolio of projects will be a mix of small, medium and large size with varying levels of complexity.
The role requires a strong ability to work collaboratively and build / maintain effective relationships with stakeholders. The PMO Analyst will need to possess the ability to handle instances of ambiguity and apply a flexible / pragmatic approach to work is essential. Leading by example, the IT PMO Analyst will deliver to consistently high standards and champion best practice.
With your keen eye for detail and strong organisational capabilities, you will collate and administer information related to portfolio status, supporting the day-to-day operational and tactical project activities.
This will include documenting project status reports, milestone information and information pertaining to risks and issues. In no time at all, you'll be advising on best practice and validating project status reports to ensure completeness.
You must be able to prioritise effectively, whilst demonstrating excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate must have advanced Excel skills, relevant PMO experience working in Project Governance or Project Management roles in IT within complex organisations and will be University level qualified (e.g. undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in a related field e.g. business, economics, computer science) and Prince2 or P3O. Alongside the following desired skills/experience:
- Experience in support activities that drive effective project and resource planning
- Extensive experience of supporting RAID management activities including maintenance of associated registers
- Sound experience in support activities that drive effective project and resource planning
- Experience working in the Retail industry
- A good understanding of end-to-end project lifecycle delivery including post implementation reviews
- Financial / numerical acumen and strong written and verbal communication
- Competent at using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio
- Expert Planning & Estimation on Projects Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to adapt style and manner of engagement as appropriate to suit
- Customer focused approach
Interested?? Apply now for more info