The role is split into 3 main tasks;
1) Risk Manager: As a risk manager you will support a large number of portfolios and look at the strategies broadcasted by the firm and review the risk on the multi-asset portfolios. How will the house call affect the portfolios?
Additionally, if a new product is to be launched, you will review which clients would this product be suitable for, what would their risk parameters be, you'll help bring this product to go live and then monitor the live product. It is the full product life-cycle.
2) System & Data: As the business becomes more technology driven, they seek to bring someone on board who can add a different element to the team. The ideal person will be exposed to systems to perform risk analytics. The right candidate will have exposure to programming languages such as R or Python.
3) Reporting: This will take the least amount of your time and will be only essential at the end of each month.
This will play a regional role for the business. You will most likely take ownership of a territory as Singapore is the Centre of Excellence. This could mean that you will travel to another country once or twice a year. You will be part of a team that will have 5-10 people in.
- 7 - 10 years hands on working experience, preferably in the fund management industry or bank treasury as a risk analytics analyst.
- Possess strong analytical thinking and quantitative skills
- Good knowledge of investment risk management techniques and derivative instruments
- Possess the ability to kick-start and see-through process improvement initiatives so as to enhance work efficiency and productivity
- Good written and oral communication and presentation skills
- CFA/FRM/CIPM will be advantageous
- Strong programming, quantitative and database skills and experience in Python, R, VBA, SQL, Access are preferred.
- Previous experience with systems such as, FactSet, Morningstar, Lipper, Northfield, Barclays POINT will also provide the candidate with an earlier head start
If you are keen on this role, or would like to know more, please do get in touch.
EA Registration Number: R1652848
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105