A prestigious global investment bank is looking for Investment Banking Associates for its rapid expansion in the Asia Pacific region. The position is to be based in Hong Kong with responsibilities to provide innovative solutions to meet clients' financial needs.
Associates will undergo rotations across different business areas and gain exposure to large scale and impactful international projects. Regardless of which business area you join, the associate role is a key pipeline for leadership positions.
As an associate, you will develop product-specific and function-specific skills and interact closely with senior professionals and clients. The responsibilities vary by business areas but may include:
- Assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions including merger & acquisitions, IPO or financing a new venture.
- Performing financial analysis, financial modeling and strategic business analysis
- Conducting company due diligence and detailed industry research to identify prospective debt and credit opportunities
- Drafting, preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner
- Communicating, growing and expanding relationships with local and global institutional investors
- Liaise and co-ordinate work with a team of 2 or 3 analysts while reporting to a vice president
We are looking for all-rounded, charismatic and powerful individuals with a humble and professional attitude. The ideal candidate needs to have a keen interest in financial markets with strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex data, manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions.
You will also come with a background of:
- An undergraduate bachelor degree with a major in Finance, Accounting, Economics or relevant disciplines with outstanding academic standing. An advanced degree such as an MBA will be advantageous but not necessary
- Prior 3 to 5 years of work experience in financial services or other professional backgrounds
- Professional qualification holders such as a CFA are highly preferred
- You must be a strong team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to form effective working relationships through collaboration
- Reading, writing and speaking fluency in English is required. Business proficiency in Asian languages is a must
What's on Offer
- Transparent and open company culture
- Ongoing career growth
- Highly competitive salary package
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the best talents in the industry
For a quicker response, you may contact us by sending an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Unfortunately, we regret to inform that due to high volume of applications, only relevant candidates will be contacted.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.