One of the leading funds and wealth management company are recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor and are based in the heart of the West End.
The Internal Audit function has a global remit and the team is well structured to cover the work across the globe, however, you will be required to work both in the UK and across their European offices. The team undertakes a diverse audit coverage and as a member of a small, dedicated team you will be expected to work on a stand-alone basis, planning and delivering on all aspects of audit assignments, including reporting to the Internal Audit Director.
You will be involved in engaging and educating the business in the skills and value-adding abilities of the Internal Audit function and drive change in the business's control environment.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of end to end audits across their UK, Channel Islands, and European offices
- Provide clear planning identifying risks and controls
- Reporting - verbally reporting findings to key stakeholders and producing an accurate, concise Report
- Assessment of business evidence to close audit findings.
- Production of Group Internal Audit management information and provide constructive challenge to the business where required.
- Development of Group Internal Audit methodology.
- Make recommendations of weaknesses identified and keep the Head of Internal Audit appraised of the progress of audits.
- Critically review existing audit methodology and propose enhancements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Assist in the preparation for Audit Committee meetings.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in other departmental activities (as directed).
- Ensure technical knowledge and knowledge of best internal audit practice is kept up to date.
Key skills required for the role:
- Relevant Professional Qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA or IIA
- Proven Knowledge of the financial services, Funds or Asset Management regulatory environment.
- Experience of risk-based internal audit life-cycle and procedures
- Experience in gathering, analysing and evaluating information to produce concise oral and written findings.
- Post qualification internal audit experience and have strong analytical skills
- Clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to establish and manage working relationships with staff at all levels of the business
- Capable to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
This role will look up to pay up to £60,000 as well as offering a competitive benefits package