Currently recruiting for a reputable Private Bank with Global HQ here in Singapore; the incumbent would be expected to lead a large team of 40 inclusive of analysts and managers on client approval and periodic review of Private Clients, this includes advisory on SOW and AML Compliance
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles
- Ensure adherence to efficiency and effectiveness KPIs, including error rates, turn-around time and team productivity
- Support/oversee key projects related to client on-boarding, periodic review and CDD matters.
- Liaise with auditors and other stakeholders for audit and assurance related matters, when required.
- Conduct ongoing training and development of the Team.
- Act as a point of contact for Senior management, providing detailed reports on workflows and error rates
- Advising and guiding the Private Banking Front Office and support functions with respect to CDD queries and internal policies and procedures.
- In coordination with Legal & Compliance, keeping abreast of legal and regulatory changes in prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing as it pertains to client on-boarding and documentations process and requirements.
- To maintain an ongoing awareness of new policy and procedure roll outs, especially that of AML/CDD
- To work closely with the frontline ensuring seamless Account Opening and periodic review
- Provide final recommendation to proceed/not proceed on accounts submitted for Account Opening
- Act as a reviewer of adverse information identified by the team during A/c Opening and periodic review and assist in the determination of the severity of the adverse information and whether client might be a prohibited client. As required, escalate to Compliance for their guidance.
- Minimum 8-9 years relevant experience in AML/KYC and/or client onboarding, from banking and/or financial services sector with a focus on private banking clients, including corporates.
- Experienced managing large teams and able to work in a matrix structure with multiple stakeholders
- Compliance knowledge applicable to the Financial Services industry, including relevant professional certification on AML/CFT, e.g., ACAMS Certificate.
- Excellent written communication skills, fluency in English and ability to interactively engage senior stakeholders.
If you are up for the challenge and believe you have the motivation and skills to excel in the role, please send in your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All shortlisted candidates will be notified
*For confidential discussion on active opportunities in the Market within compliance function or find out more about this role - please reach out directly to Janice at 6597 5174
EA Registration Number: R1871479
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105