Salary guideline, basic £60-90K plus bonus and benefits.
An exciting, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial business within the utilities sector is looking to appoint a high calibre Head of Credit Control to be based in the East Midlands. Reporting to the CFO.
With ambitious growth plans, the Head of Credit position will play an important role in leading a team of 17 people across two locations, developing the future business strategy and building a robust control function.
· Managing all hands-on operational aspects of the Group, refining the bill to cash cycle to drive the profit to cash conversion ratio.
· Set business policy for cash collection, bad debt reduction and commercial optimisation.
· Drive transformation to reduce the level of working capital required by the business across both systems and process.
· Develop and set KPI's across the team.
· Select and manage 3rd party providers to support the debt collection process and possible ligation process.
· Formulating the company's future direction and driving tactical/operational initiatives with the CFO and board.
This will be a high impact, high profile position as the company is embarks upon an exciting period of growth and transformation. Instigating and managing change, as well as managing and motivating the team to deliver high standards of performance and developing talent internally are critical.
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
Key understanding of industry dynamics within the utilities sector
Knowledge of debt recovery processes, including legal actions
Comfortable with giving presentations at all levels including Group Boards
A demonstrable ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to tight deadlines
Resilient, proactive and with the ability to drive business change, whilst developing a growing team
Be proactive and have a continuous improvement approach to current financial processes and propose/devise improvements that take into account broader business/group issues and restraints
Demonstrate ability to think logically and laterally to provide solutions to complex problems/issues
Poised for the next stage in its development the business now requires a highly competent, technically astute and commercially minded individual.