The purpose of the role is to monitor, interpret and advise on international/cross-border taxation law. In particular, our East and West African territories: Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. The role is also responsible for compliance related mandates, such as monitoring tax attributes, overseeing the Group's tax compliance obligations and working with the Business Unit Finance teams to manage end to end tax compliance and information reporting oversight (e.g. tax provision calculations, filings and payments).
Provide advice on tax implications of operating across multiple borders (e.g. withholding taxes, foreign taxes, local taxes on foreign income and regional tax issues such as EU tax harmonisation).
* Monitor international and local market tax developments, considering ways for the Group to address such developments as they impact on the company.
* Prepare and review tax calculations, tax returns, disclosure filings, and tax payments for the Group
* Oversee the tax compliance relationship with external service providers and regularly liaise with the external service providers to ensure filings and payments are complete, accurate and made on time
* Test and report tax compliance and audit status of the Group
* Manage the withholding tax compliance process, including liaising with relevant parties to ensure all required returns, payments and supporting documentation is complete and accurate, up to date/on file, and where required, submitted on time
* Ensure compliance with relevant transfer pricing rules, including collating and coordinating update of relevant Group transfer pricing documentation relating to the Group's inter-company transactions, and liaising with external service providers where required.
* Ensure compliance with country specific reporting and regulatory requirements, including collation and coordination of tax provision/accrual calculation and other tax related information as required for Group reporting purposes
* Calculate international tax profits, earnings and credits for controlled foreign businesses
* To manage all tax issues across Europe, African and Middle East markets
* Liaise and build relationships with the Finance Managers and Directors, acting as a partner in all respect of tax
* Identify and implement appropriate tax planning projects
* Liaise with internal audit and third party advisors
* Perform similar or related duties and supporting Group projects, as required