Group Financial Controller - £90-£110K per annum plus bonus and benefits.
A private equity backed, Retail company, are seeking a Chartered accountant ACA or CA to be their Group Financial Controller. This role will report directly to the CFO and the role will be based in their London office.
The Group Financial Controller position will be responsible for driving and improving the global finance reporting process and accounting matters for potential acquisitions. You will be working in partnership with the Divisional Finance Directors and this opportunity requires a strong intellectual capability, experience of multi-currency consolidations, and a hands-on approach.
As the Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the production of group consolidated management accounts, annual statutory accounts, management of the year-end audit on a global basis, preparation of the quarterly reports to the banks and monitoring local statutory filings.
You will also act as "subject matter expert" to all the finance staff across the group for any accounting issues.
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA, CA or equivalent)
- Have 6 years plus post qualification experience.
- Proven Group Consolidations experience
- Strong commercial mindset, able to challenge operational stakeholders to deliver better performance and efficiency
- You will ideally possess prior experience gained within a Private Equity backed business and be capable of managing a finance function.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a private equity backed business that is a leader in its field, in an influential position. The exposure and breadth of experience gained within this role stands the role holder in good stead for a future as a CFO.