A global Oil and Gas Company is looking for a GL accountant for a newly created position located in the head office in Dubai. This is a unique position as the requirements are for a candidate that can progress into a more senior controller role in the near future. This opportunity would suit a qualified accountant with 2years PQE and have good knowledge around IFRS and VAT.
* Manage month close by coordinating with various departments and team members, and upload trial balance and supplemental files in COGNOS consolidation tool.
* Maintain month close checklists and closing calendars, and communicate key dates in advance to respective departments and team members
* Post Journal Entries for accruals, amortization, allocation, reclassification etc.
* Key management player in month end and year end closing to ensure all deadlines are met; and bank reconciliations are completed before month close.
* Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared timely and accurately
* Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
* Monitor metrics to ensure A/P and G/L teams are meeting Compliance guidelines
* Reconcile and maintain General Ledgers
* Compile and analyzes financial information to review journal entries to accounts including recurring entries, prepaid expenses and accruals/provisions
* Monthly Balance Sheet reviews with stakeholders and taking necessary actions based on recommendations
* Analysis of VAT and WHT ledgers and ensures correctness of data and timely filing of returns
* Oversee statutory and internal audits and facilitate to provide requested information on time.
* Monitors financial transactions to ensure they are within designated amounts as prescribed in Approval Authority Matrix
* Works with other departments and teams within the organization to resolve any finance related issues on timely basis
* Provide FX hedge input to corporate treasury and make necessary entries in the books.
* Maintains GL/Vendor/Customer master
* Intercompany balance reporting and tie-out of balances at the month end