We are currently working with an established law firm, with a strong background and who are award winners. They have an opening for a Financial Controller role, where your responsibility will be to lead the finance team across both the management and financial accounting functions, working closely with the senior management to continue to build on the current success of the business.
Your key responsibilities for this Financial Controller role will be
- Work with the Senior Management to develop Finance strategy for the business including implementing business plans.
- Identify trends and provide analysis for the Practice Heads of department Area Managers
- Review pricing, discounting and annual budgets.
- Assess current finance process, company billings, and debt exposure and update processes where applicable.
- Provide the Executive committee with current financial performance and how the business can adapt to continue success.
- Update the business on market or industry trends and provide benchmark reports
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory practice including HMRC VAT returns, PAYE payroll reporting, and supplier payment practices.
- Ensure full compliance with SRA Accounts Rules, ensuring client money is always safeguarded
- Guide and mentor the finance conducting appraisal and provide feedback on performance.
- Work in partnership with senior staff across HR, IT, Marketing and Knowledge teams to manage the
- On occasion Deputise for the CFO to represent the Finance team at meetings with partners
Key Skills required for this Financial Controller role
- Qualified accountant ( ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with post-qualification experience in professional services or WIP environment
- Team Management and Procedure / Process Improvement
- Previous experience of Aderant would be an advantage.
- Proven exposure to SRA Accounts Rules will be an advantage.
- Confident in using MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
- A clear communicator at all levels, both written and verbal
This is a strong opportunity to work within a prestigious company, who are well respected within their market space.