We are currently working in partnership with a leading Banking Group who are seeking a new Financial Accountant to join their team based in London to oversee the financial accounting for one of their European branches.
The role will entail working within the UK Group Finance team, where you will report into the Financial Reporting Manager to ensure all the financials for their European office are completed within agreed deadlines.
For this Financial Accountant role your responsibilities will include :
- Providing Management reports on all liquidity, P&L's and reserves within the branch
- Complete Monthly reporting for across Compliance, Bank Provisions, Tax issues and operation risks.
- Control the GL Account and ensure costs, accruals and prepayments are up to date
- Take ownership of the month end processes, annual accounts and produce the annual accounts
- Oversee the day to day controls including Balance sheets and Profit and Loss
Your key skills required for this Financial Accountant role will be :
- Qualified Accountant ( ACA / ACCA or equivalent)
- Proven history within a Banking environment including sub branch and European directives
- Ideally with knowledge of the Italian Banking sector including tax law's and compliance regulations.
- Be an analytical thinker, who is results driven and who can forward plan
- A clear communicator at all levels, capable of speaking both Italian and English.
This is an opportunity to join a growing business to work within a multicultural environment and to gain further experience to enhance your career development.