One of the biggest reputable FMCG/Retail company, with the most innovative approach of data in their sector in Hong Kong, is now looking to expand their team and digital transformation. They are financially healthy and looking into bringing in more talents in the APAC functions.
In a data squad composed by more than 6-7 people (data scientist and data engineer), you participate from end to end on all the projects related to ETL, data architecture and data engineering.
Hands on, you are both working as an advisor, a project manager and also a team delivery member.
Business oriented, you will also be heavily involved into different data processes and data quality issues.
You will work on topics such as: industrialisation dimension of data projects, data architecture, Cloud and automation.
- Provide assessments, strategy and architecture recommendation through business cases
- Design, build, support and optimize new and existing data models and ETL processes
- Develop and support the data pipeline
- Bring a clear vision and advisory on topic like Big data, Cloud and business industrialisation
- Work with your data team members and manage the vendor
- Integrate data from different internal as well as external platforms
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, applied mathematics or statistics
- Between 1 and 3 years of overall experience as a Data Engineer or ETL developer
- Fluent in English. Mandarin and Cantonese are helpful but not mandatory.
- Proven experience in Data engineer and first approach of Data Architecture/ Data Lake/ Data Warehouse/ Data Analysis
- First experience in an internal client facing consulting-oriented role
Technical stack: Data engineering/ETL
- SQL, Spark, Python
- RMDB, NoSQL and query performance tuning
- Hive, Presto, Spark, Kafka, Hbase and Apache
- Schema and ETL/ ELT workflow design
- Cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Data analytics architectures and data visualisation
- Data ingestion
Interested in this description? Would you like to know more?
The next steps are to apply with a CV to Paris Herard at email@example.com or contract +852 6106 7562 for a confidential discussion.