Based in Hong Kong, we are working with our partner, a global listed company with very strong presence in Asia Pacific, US and China market. Due to the recent change in global business strategy, they are looking for a Director of Strategy and Corporate Development to take on key functions within the business from Hong Kong.
You will be working very closely with the CEO, COO and VP - Strategy, across various business development functions and agendas:
- Develop business strategy and initiatives for the group
- Proactively engage, evaluate new business opportunities and monitor competitors and other potential acquisition targets, negotiate with partners, forming M&A & JVs if appropriate, lead effort in building business plan considering of the necessary licences and permissions
- Change Project, manage people and resources to execute on projects under tight timelinesIdentify opportunities/risks for acquisition and lead effort in determining feasibility
- Co-ordinate internally with sales, technical and financial departments, and external resource if any to work as a team
- Assist in investors relations and communication with senior management and key stakeholders both internal and externally
- Prepare and submit proposals and recommendations to Management and Board on acquisitions and new businesses
Background & Experience:
- Degree qualified with areas such as Finance, Accountancy, Business. MBA qualification with focus in Finance is an advantage. Candidates with CFA qualification is encouraged to apply
- Candidates with a strong background of 10 to 15 years of experience with investment banking, asset management, strategy consulting firms or in-house corporate development team are encouraged to apply
- Asia and experience in China is an advantage
- Experience in building financial model/plan of new business/JVs from scratch
- Strong interpersonal and presentation/pitching skills
What's on offer:
- Attractive remuneration package (HKD120k - HKD150k depending on experience)
- Great working environment with opportunity to develop business in China
- For the ideal candidate, the company will sponsor working visa for this position
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Jansen Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the volume of application is high, only relevant candidates will be considered and contacted.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.