A real estate investment trust that invests in shopping centers is looking for a Design Management Director to join their team, based in Shanghai. Reporting to the Group Director of Planning & Design for Asia, you will be responsible for providing planning and design leadership for the company's China region.
- Provide planning and design leadership, including technical support, coordination, project management, and project specific site planning and design management services
- Support necessary activities of team members in execution and delivery of projects
- Responsible for the preparation and issuance of consultant RFPs per company standards and guidelines, implementing procedures for selection of appropriate architect, designers and other consultants, negotiating consultant agreements, and processing of consultant's invoices
- In compliance with company Design Guidelines & Project Standards, manage and co-ordinate with the architect and other consultants on master layout, concepts, schematic design, and design development
- Act as the point person for all design management communications between the shareholders, working associates, consultants, contractors, and local authorities
- Bachelors Degree of equivalent in Architecture; Professional institution memberships will be advantageous
- Minimum of 10 years in architectural Planning & Design and design management of large shopping center and mixed-use building projects, of which at least with 5 years on high-end shopping malls with real estate developers. At least 5 years' experience in working with overseas developers/architects.
- At least 5 years full-time working experience in PRC.
- Excellent ability to communicate using freehand sketch and AutoCAD drawing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and work under short-term deadlines
- Frequent travel is required
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Vinay Sajnani at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5187 for a confidential discussion.
More exciting opportunities may be found on the Argyll Scott website at www.argyllscott.com.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.