A fantastic opportunity has arisen, to be part of a leading Accountancy Practice that is looking to bring in a Business Development Manager to manage the bids and tender process for new contracts.
They are currently searching for a Business Development Manager or Bids Manager who is commercially focused and has over 5 years experience in the bids and tender process. They will be reporting to the marketing team and would be in charge of putting together the tenders and seeing the process from the editing and proof reading stage, through to closing. The successful candidate would be regularly working with C-Suite Executives and be advising them on pricing and other parameters surrounding the tenders.
The ideal candidate will have 5-8 years of experience in working, managing and leading in bids, and must have a maximum notice period of 1 month.
- Degree qualified (ideally 2:1 or above)
- CIM qualified (desirable but not necessary)
- Relevant marketing/business development experience in a professional services firm to include:
- Work on competitive tenders and pitches, including background research, coordination of document production, drafting and proof reading and post-tender evaluation
- Experience of being able to influence and challenge partners
- Basic commercial research techniques
- Strong business development experience
- Liaising with agencies and other marketing suppliers