Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to Head of Business Development
You will be developing existing key accounts and acquisition of new business opportunities. You will be responsible for managing existing key accounts to grow the top-line, also acting as a hunter role for new business opportunities, this includes comfortable with cold calling and experienced in building pipelines and driving opportunities. Also, roll out of new business solutions, development of services across different solutions within MNC clients and/or other assigned accounts.
- Prospect new principals as a hunter role
- Strong in Business Development and Key account relationship management
- Development of new service initiatives and solutions development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Business Management
- Full ownership of the assigned key accounts, cultivate long term and mutually beneficial external and internal relationships.
- Prospect new principal, will be involved in the entire sales cycle from lead identification through proposal development, negotiating, closing. contracting process and liaise with all relevant support function.
- Take ownership of existing accounts and new business revenues, develop, implement strategy to grow key accounts revenue, enhance the scope of service offerings and improve profitability.
- Build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline and ensure that pipeline is routinely logged into Salesforce including meeting minutes and sales process milestones with potential principals and opportunities. Report on a weekly basic thorough Salesforce and sales meetings.
- Strong in present company's service offering to existing and new clients through telephone calls, emails and both online and face to face meetings.
- Leverage on existing clients' relationship to develop innovative ideas and solutions for principals.
- Organize monthly review meetings that ensure operational performance standards are achieved.
- Acts as interface between Global / Local BD team, Depots / facilitates issues relating to them.
- Puts in place and maintains business performance metrics for reliable management reporting.
- Strong in sales forecast and budgeting
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Required educational level
- Degree in Business Administration / Life Science or comparable education
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare related business experience
- Required working experience
- Must have hands-on mentality, is self-motivated, however likes to work as part of an ambitious team.
- A positive and creative thinker, with consistent levels of evident enthusiasm
- Experience in managing a multi country /cultural environment (either sales or operations)
- Able to demonstrate ability to manage and profitable grow large principal accounts.
- Business roll-out and project deployment
- Experienced in solutions selling, identifying value-added propositions in a transactional sales environment, to drive differentiation
- Required knowledge & skills
- Great presentation skills, good business acumen and sound commercial decision making
- Result orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- Project management skills & prioritizing tasks.
- An outgoing, easy going personality that puts people at immediate ease.
- exposure to consultative selling (could be a service, technology, less tangible value proposition)
- Monitor and good networker (building relationships internal & external)
- Performance management experienced
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Numerate, analytically astute, sound commercial decision-making capability
- Able to negotiate win/win profitable scenarios with decision makers and influencers from multiple countries / cultures
- High level of literacy in MS Office applications
- Working hours
- Usually normal office hours
- Travel 30%
- Extended hours depending on the exigencies of the situation
- Occasional dinners or social events with clients during after-office hours
- Job competencies
- Business sense and judgement
- Strong customer focus
- Strong in negotiation skills
- Communication, interpersonal skills and persuasiveness
- Drive and achievement
- Quality orientation
- Net operating profit
- Service income
- Measure the total number of new, qualified opportunities created every month
- New leads / principals acquired. Conversion rate = new customers divided by the number of qualified leads.
- Breadth and value of sales pipeline
- Project assessment (e.g. new service roll-out)
Please email your CV, salary details and notice period to email@example.com
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.