The Business Analyst will be part of the IT Team taking a hands-on approach to support the business with the data governance, analysis and requirements. The Business Analyst will be totally responsible for all data initiatives, business intelligence and project implementations for the business unit/department.
Daily responsibilities will cover oversight and management of the data related requests to IT. The role will be responsible for the resolution and governance around managing this with the support of the IT; the Business Unit/Departmental as well as other members of the Data team and system developers.
- Analytical and business consulting skills and experience
- Good technical background on Network, Windows, Linux
- Ability to interrogate databases (MySQL, cloud-based); manipulate data through scripts and queries (SQL and M Query)
- Experience implementing Business Intelligence tools e.g. MS PowerBI, Tableau or Qlik
- Power BI super user (experience connecting to multiple data sources, joining data sets, writing DAX and creating clear, engaging visualisations)
- Power BI administration (creating and editing workspaces, scheduling refreshes, creating data sources in data gateway, user access, row level security)
- Experience with Dynamics 365 CRM, Business Objects (Design Studio or Lumira), Zendesk, Jira would be an advantage
- Ability to understand both business processes and technology
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Additional languages such as French would be beneficial