About Our Client
Our client, a global trading company, is now looking to hire an experienced "Assistant Accounting Manager". The business in Thailand is now expanding aggressively and they are looking for someone to take this critical role to ensure a smooth run of accounting operations.
You will be working closely with the Accounting Manager and supporting the finance department, accountants, and management team by completing routine accounting tasks; preparing budgets, maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the company.
- You will be responsible for month-end and year-end closing
- Maintain and operate standard period-end closing schedules
- Assist in the documentation and maintenance of Ledger processes and controls, including the identification and testing of relevant SOX controls
- Balance sheet and P&L Analysis
- Identify daily activity in bank accounts
- Reconcile various Company bank accounts for several different corporate entities
- Post journal entries in the company general ledger accounting software package
- Track and maintain fixed asset ledger by coordinating with IT and Accounts Payable; prepare schedules for reporting of fixed assets
- Monthly expense variance analysis
- Consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations including foreign currency accounting
- Balance Sheet Account reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of other reports provided to management
- Assist with year-end audits
- Assist with preparation of month-end financial statements, cash flow statements, budgets
- Assist with quarterly and annual tax filings
- Execute ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting for accredited universities
- You must be CPD holder
- 5 - 10 years' experience working as a GL accountant, with full loop accounts closing & analysis experience
- Accounting experience from a Trading business preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a trading environment desirable
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, local GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required
- ERP experience required
- Hyperion experience advantageous
- Strong Excel and database skills preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of English and a native speaker of Thai
All selected applicants are required to meet the recruiter through MS Teams for a pre-screenning interview in English before proceed to the next stage.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.