£23,000 - £25,000 DOE
A leading, fast-growing retail and manufacturing business, specialising in mattresses, cots and educational products for children both in the UK and worldwide is looking for an assistant accountant. Ideally suited to a graduate wishing to continue their accountancy studies or someone with a minimum of a year experience in a similar role. Potential for study support for the right candidate. The company is PE backed and growing quickly, so we need someone who is looking to really get involved and help to make this change happen. It's a lively office environment with a great, ever expanding team based in Kent. This role will report directly into the Financial controller.
· Input and process AP/AR including customer payments and supplier invoices.
· Credit control and managing supplier and customer account queries
· Reconciliation of bank accounts, including the IF facility and credit card accounts
· Employee expenses
· Maintain and reconcile petty cash
· Posting recurring journals
· Keeping the fixed asset schedule up to date
· Reconcile inter company accounts
· Assist with month and year end audit preparation
· Assisting Financial Controller with compliance returns
Knowledge and experience
· Experience with general ledger functions gained within industry or practice.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Good excel knowledge
· Flexible can-do attitude
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· A tenacious problem solver.
· Team player