About Our Client
Argyll Scott is exclusively partnering with a multinational manufacturing chemicals business who are looking for an Accounting Manager to support with the growth of the market in Thailand and South East Asia. The company is one of the world's largest and longest-established chemicals manufacturers and distributors with more than offices in 75 countries. This is an amazing opportunity to play a leading role in a fast-paced and ever-evolving global business that offers career development and dynamic working environment.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support tax filing and tax submission
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting for Top Universities only
- Prior working experience at Big4 with CPA is preferred
- 9+ years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger, statutory accounting areas, from MNC environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with good personality and ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Fluent in English and a native speaker of Thai
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.